![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
|
Guess i've been MIA for quite long.
Well, i'm not gonna be very elaborate about everything. Just a quick note more like it. Lets see. Friday. It was my colleague's birthday. So after work, we headed over to Mt Faber for dinner. Was a really nice place called the Hillside. Food portions are HUGE, but be forewarned. The waiting time for the food to arrive is not tolerable for ANY hungry person and the service issn't very good cos' e staff are just like dead cold. But anyway, food is great and company was good too. Anyway, after that we headed over to Hyatt hotel for a drink. Shared a bottle of wine and a cheese platter. Had some real interesting and funny conversations. Had a great time that night. Headed home pretty late. Saturday: Went for this career pathfinder workshop thingy. Its very interesting. Its called Harrison Innerview. It tells you your traits, personality, what jobs are very suitable or suitable or not suitable, what tasks you are good at or what u suck at. Its really very interesting. Headed for father's day dinner after that. Sunday: Was great to spend the day with Bern. We just relaxed lah... a day away from stress but not worries. Watched Around the World in 80 days. Its quite funny but still think SHREK is a better show to catch now if u haven't. After that, there was some Arts Festival closing performance in the open field outside Yishun 10, so we sat at the coffee shop, had dinner and waited for the fire works. Felt like a kid being excited to watch fire works. haha. Monday: I made my decision. I'll give part time studies and full time work a shot. It wasn't easy, I asked like lots of people, family and friends, and got differnt opinions and advice. Some said why work now when you have a whole life ahead to work, others said since I had a job that I liked, why let it go. So I went for what Bern said, if I don't try, i'll never know. Guess this involves lots of sacrifices and maybe losing part of my social life.. till now i'm still hoping its the right decision. Very apprehensive and unsure of whats ahead of me. I guess when you have an opportunity you should try not to let it go. It may not always be the way you wanted things to be but it may be whats best. When you don't have that opportuinity, make the best of what you have. Guess we always have to be appreciative of what little we have. There are always people who have less and much more. We shouldn't compare ourselves with those who have more but be thankful for what we already have. With perserverance, I belief that when you have the faith in yourself and the self-motivation, you will do it. Set a target date and you'll reach your goal soon. Hope i've been making sense, not in the best state of mind right now. really worried. for many reasons. sigh. i shan't go on... will just end of with this quote “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” -Eleanor Roosevelt posted by Jing at 10:01 AM
Comments:
Post a Comment
|