About Me
Name: Jing
Bday: 5th Sept 1984
Msn: jhsnoopz@hotmail.com

About my blog
Well, I may not always make sense cos' this is just an avenue for me to express my thoughts and feelings. Do leave comments when you pop by! Cheers!

Links
Friendster
Google
Carrie Academy
Carrie Models
Launchcast

For my own use
TMC e-learning
Monash Muso
Webmail
Gmail

Friends
Alex
Alvina
Bern
Daphy
Grace Koh
Grace
Jeremy
Jill
Jordon
Lyna
Meryl
Melvin
Nikki
Oli
Kim
Shu Hui
Suan Hui
Yanny

Archives
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
Credits
Blogger
Blogskins
Layout


Monday, October 11, 2004

My exams are coming... sighz... 3 papers... i think i asked for trouble... well.. what to do... I'm stuck with having to struggle...sighz...

Seems so different from poly times when you have study breaks, frieinds to motivate you, friends to study with...etc etc... issn't the slackest of time at work either... lots of things on my agenda... Was talking to Lin today and we were saying that somehow it does not feel like exams are 2 weeks away.. cos' there is no pressure..its all about self-discipline now..tried studying last night..and started to fall asleep..sigh... help me someone! Coffee doesn't even have effect on me anymore...!!! not even triple shot.. sigh...

Over the week, I have had a few interesting conversations with the people I have met....one of which is was with an agent who brings in foreign students. According to him, many of these foreign students are working night jobs in Singapore...It let me to wonder how these girls could actually lower themselves to that level of status to actually sell their bodies to men they don't even know! Doesn't it involve emotions? Is the money that big an incentive to actually give up your self respect? Is it the need for money? Aren't there other jobs out there? Or am I looking down on this as a means people make a living? what are your views? I'm not saying only foreign students do it...I've read in magazines and newspapers that local girls are in the trade too!

In another conversation, a friend highlighted that guys are physical and visual while girls tend to be more audio and physical. Girls like to listen... a constant assurance, a constant expression of care and concern from others, the praise, the attention... found it very true... girls find the reason while guys tend to take things as they come...Also, an interesting angle to looking at this... is that girls tend to get closer to someone who they communicate more to...

Lastly, just on Friday, I had a customer who came in with his daugters... into the conversation I found that he was a Captain with SIA and that he ran an orphanage in East Timor... heartwarming stories of the children were told by his wife and him to us... heres a link to his website.. I've had this yearning to go to a third world country, to see what things are like that...to come back more appreciative of what I have...and also to work with children...I really like kids...even though many are bratty...hehe.. Till now... I have let many chances pass... but I still wish to do so... sigh... yet another thing on my "things to do"..
http://www.idms.com.au/roslin/
Go check it out....

Kz.. I gtg now... got an event to help out in... tata...


posted by Jing at 5:40 PM

~~~*~~~

Comments:
well dear at least u started ur revisions...I, on the other hand haven't even flip open the notes...

It's true that there are students moonlighting as that, or in this case, sunlighting as students...Corny...even in my secondary school, some girls will offer "services" to outsiders but sometimes have to think of their situation, maybe they aren't as fortunate as us...

I guess all these comparisions between how guys and girls think is the cause of so many ppl in S'pore being single, lesbian or gay.

Are you sure u want to go to a 3rd world country?? Are you prepared for it? What do u expect to see from a 3rd world country?
 
well... i don't know what I expect..actually..its an experience i think.. so see the life others are living..always from the luxiries we have..away from the complications and materialistic views we have... its a feeling of giving i suppose..
 
Post a Comment