About Me
Name: Jing
Bday: 5th Sept 1984
Msn: jhsnoopz@hotmail.com

About my blog
Well, I may not always make sense cos' this is just an avenue for me to express my thoughts and feelings. Do leave comments when you pop by! Cheers!

Links
Friendster
Google
Carrie Academy
Carrie Models
Launchcast

For my own use
TMC e-learning
Monash Muso
Webmail
Gmail

Friends
Alex
Alvina
Bern
Daphy
Grace Koh
Grace
Jeremy
Jill
Jordon
Lyna
Meryl
Melvin
Nikki
Oli
Kim
Shu Hui
Suan Hui
Yanny

Archives
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
Credits
Blogger
Blogskins
Layout


Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The Hari Raya holiday is over... well.. not much of a holiday.. spent the weekend struggling with my computer and project.. *fustrated*

Kz.. well.. Friday was hari raya so i'll just start there... I woke up at 10+ and headed for lunch with family.. was my maternal grandpa's b'day... After that, while waiting for Bern, I met up with Alex and Shennie after their gym, we sat at Starbucks to chit chat. After that, Bern and I headed down to Sim Lim Sq to get my adaptor for my laptop. After that we were looking around for the prices of a wireless network and he met a friend who was working at one of the stores so we figured he'd prob give a good price and I ended up getting a wireless set for my house.. gosh..it left me BROKE..didn't expect going to Sim Lim and spending over $200!! It also led to a nightmare of WIRELESS-WAR!!

Let me explain. The war started when I got home that night. I decided it wasn't too hard to setup those machines..well.. I did get my router working but boy... I messed up my comp and nearly messed up my Dad's as well!! With the router working, I tried to install the wireless USB to my laptop but it just didn't work despite my many desperate attempts!! So i decided to forget about it and use my normal cable. Little did I expect even THAT didn't work on my comp after I tried installing the stupid USB thingy!! Being quite pissed off by then, I decided to just work on my dad's laptop. Afterall I did have my project to complete. It was all going fine till I was trying to access a site which didn't start with a WWW. The comp just kept asking me to connect to internet but the thing is IS ALREADY WAS CONNECTED to the internet! So I disconnected and decided to connect e normal way..without the router.. now THAT didn't work either..pls note..this was at 2+am!! So i hooked the router back and now it decided to play punk with me and leave me with NO ACCESS TO INTERNET.. My dad got up at that wierd hour wondering what all that noise was about.. cos' I was super fed-up.. and a simple advice to system restore got everything working! Gosh...

Anyway.. that wasn't the end.. Saturday Bern came to my office to try and get my laptop working. after about an hour plus.. he couldn't get it going either.. something to do with my NPnet that i used in poly and my stupid ME system!! Sunday.. the fight with WIRELESS continued... at my house... it worked perfectly fine with my dad's XP laptop but no matter what..after the 3+ hours of trying different ways of getting it going... it was to no avail.. now I have to go down to Sim Lim this week and they are going to try and get it working.. if not i'll just switch to a network card...

As you can see... I'm freaking fed-up with this Wireless thingy... it not only left me broke but very fustrated...!!! sighz... :(


posted by Jing at 10:07 AM

~~~*~~~

Comments: Post a Comment